I’m absolutely LOVING reading your posts + seeing your pics in our private Facebook group and receiving emails from you!!!
Keep it up!
- do your movement video
- read a short story from me + practice your mindfulness assignment
- mingle with me later today on FB LIVE
- 10 minutes
- Yoga mat or towel to lay down on
Do this Obliques/Hips/Back Strength + Stretch Video to connect with your center and strengthen your core.
*Want a soundtrack for this workout? Find the playlist HERE.
I’m 33 weeks pregnant.
If you didn’t already know, now you know, and you’ll DEFINITELY know after watching tomorrow’s movement video. Stay tuned for that. ;)
And I’ll tell you what... I NOTICE when people give up their seats for me, smile at me, hold doors open for me, let me go first, when stores let me use the bathroom when they don’t normally let people use their bathroom.
Yes, people usually have a soft spot for us preggo’s, so I’m receiving a WHOLE LOT more of this these days.
But you know what?
Even though I’m tired, my body hurts, and it feels hot as hell, when people do that for me it boosts my soul and makes me want to do it more for other people.
Butterfly effect at it’s best.
Cool part is - it's not just a feeling!
Science has proven that acts of kindness have a positive effect on our bodies + minds.
According to the Random Acts of Kindness website (which sites studies from UC Berkeley, Harvard Business School, University of British Columbia, among others…):
- Oxytocin (the “love” hormone)
- Serotonin (the “feel good” neurotransmitter)
- Blood Pressure
So let’s go spread that kindness around like it’s confetti!
1. Do a random act of kindness for someone else.
- pay for the person’s latte behind you in line,
- send a friend flowers,
- bake a meal for someone who’s going through a hard time,
- donate your time/money to a cause that’s important to you,
- be the first one to forgive,
- SMILE at strangers,
- hold the door open for multiple people at once,
- send a love note,
- do an unexpected household chore for your roommate
- give someone a compliment
2. Do an act of kindness for yourself!
Meet on FB LIVE in our group at 12pm ET to share what came up for you today!
*Not available at that time? Watch the replay + leave me a comment. I respond to every one!
With love + body kindness,